Alfred William White MACKIE1877 - 1951 (73 years)
Name Alfred William White MACKIE  Born 20 Oct 1877 Dundee, Fife, Scotland  Gender Male Newspaper Report 25 Feb 1941 London  THE TIMES:
MACKIE:STADEN On Feb. 20 1941, at St John's Cross Church, Dundee, ALFRED WILLIAM WHITE MACKIE, C.I.E., I.C.S. (retired), to CECILIA ANNIE STADEN.
Died 17 Oct 1951 Marylebone, London [1, 2] Newspaper Report 19 Oct 1951 London  ANDREW'S NEWSPAPER INDEX:
Mackie - On Oct 17 1951 at 56 Welbeck Street, London, after a long illness bravely borne, Alfred William White Mackie, CIE MA BA ICS (retd). Interment at Balgay Cemetery, Dundee, Tuesday Oct 23 at 2.15pm. Please no letters.
Buried 23 Oct 1951 Balgay Cemetery, Dundee, Scotland  Probate 19 Dec 1951 London  Notes
- MACKIE, Alfred William White (b. 20 October 1877 - d. 17 October 1951) CIE 1931; ICS (retired); son of Alexander Mackie, of Arbroath, and Brucina Campbell, of Dundee; married 1941, Cecilia Annie Staden. Education: Harris Academy, Dundee; High School, Dundee; St Andrews University (MA 1898); Corpus Christi College, Cambridge (BA 1901). Work: Settlement Commisioner and Director of Land Records and Inspector General of Registration, Bombay Presidency; Commissioner of Division, 1931; retired 1936. Recreations: gold. Clubs: East India and Sports. 
- Adm. pens. at CORPUS CHRISTI, Oct. 1, 1898. [S. of Alexander of Arbroath. B. Oct. 20, 1877, at Dundee. School, Harris Academy, Dundee, and afterwards at St Andrews University (M.A. 1898).] Matric. Michs. 1898; Scholar, 1899; B.A. 1901. Entered the I.C.S., 1900; served in Bombay as Assistant Collector and Magistrate. Supt. of Law Records and Registration, 1905-10. Collector, 1920. Addit. Deputy Secretary to Govt., Finance Dept., 1921. Collector and Political Agent, Bhor, 1923. In Revenue Dept., 1925. Officiating Sec. to Government and Acting Commissioner. Settlement Commissioner and Director of Land Records, 1924. Political Agent at Surat, 1926, at Rewa Kantha, 1928. Member of the Legislative Council, 1929, 1931 and 1932. Inspector-General of Registration, Bombay Presidency. Commissioner of Division, 1931; retired, 1936. C.I.E., 1931. (I.C.S. Lists; Kelly Handbook; Who's Who.) 
Person ID I2087 Freeman-Culpin | Staden descendants Last Modified 10 Nov 2015
Family Cecilia Annie STADEN, b. 27 May 1892, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk , d. Sep 1984, Windsor, Berks (Age 92 years) Married 20 Feb 1941 St John's Cross, Dundee, Fife, Scotland  Last Modified 11 Oct 2015 Family ID F601 Group Sheet | Family Chart
Event Map Born - 20 Oct 1877 - Dundee, Fife, Scotland Died - 17 Oct 1951 - Marylebone, London Buried - 23 Oct 1951 - Balgay Cemetery, Dundee, Scotland = Link to Google Earth
- [S172] Newspaper - The Times.
- [S173] GRO Indexes, (www.ancestry.co.uk), DQ1951, Marylebone, 5d 265, age 73.
- [S269] Andrews Newspaper Index, (www.ancestry.co.uk).
- [S255] E&W National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858-1966, 1973-1995, (www.ancestry.co.uk).
- [S181] Who was who, Compiler: A&C Black Publishers Ltd 2005, Via xreferplus on CCC Libraries website.
- [S23] Cambridge Univeristy.
- [S172] Newspaper - The Times.